Header Ads

Newlyweds' £4,000 honeymoon is ruined when border guards in Bali turn them away after 16-hour flight and send them BACK to UK because their DOG chewed the groom's passport

A honeymoon couple flew 16 hours to Bali – only to be refused entry for carrying a passport that had been chewed by their dog.
Daniel and Tia Farthing splashed out £4,000 on the once-in-a-lifetime trip to the tropical Indonesian island.
But they never even got out of the airport after officials decided the damaged document was not acceptable and put them on the first plane home.
They landed back in the UK at the end of a 15,544-mile round trip less than 48 hours after they had left.
And now their four-year-old labrador collie cross Milo – who nibbled a corner of Daniel’s passport as a puppy – is well and truly in the doghouse.
Tia, 25, said: “He knows he’s done wrong because he’s been constantly coming to us for cuddles.
“My father-in-law put on Facebook: ‘Due to events, dog for sale’. Now it’s hard to see the funny side.”
The problem began when Daniel’s new passport came in the post four years ago.
“Milo got to it first and chewed it,” said Tia.
But chef Daniel used it to travel around Europe without any trouble.
He said UK Border Force staff had assured him it would be fine for going to Indonesia as all the key details were intact.
So the couple were left traumatised by the ordeal – which saw Daniel, 26, detained for seven hours at Singapore on the way home.
Tia, of Hadleigh, Suffolk, said: “We got married last year and planned our honeymoon for our first anniversary. We’d booked an elephant safari, a villa and pool. It was going to be so special.”
The couple, who left their two-year-old son Jacob at home with family, passed through Singapore with no problems but on landing in Bali they were denied entry.
They were then put on a flight back to Singapore, where Daniel said he was made to feel like a criminal in a locked room with around 30 others.
He said: “I was shaking and throwing up. It was a horrendous experience.”
Hospital receptionist Tia said it was “really scary” being separated from Daniel and ran up a £216 phone bill ringing relatives.
She added: “When we landed back at Heathrow, an air hostess looked at the passport and said, ‘Is this what all the fuss was about?’”
The couple lost all but £600 of the cost of the trip and relatives have started a crowdfunding page here.

No comments