Header Ads

Two restaurant workers are found dead in Connecticut steakhouse supply closet and a third is hospitalized after apparent drug overdoses

 A current and former employee of a Connecticut restaurant both died from possible drug overdoses, authorities said after the bodies of the pair were found inside a storage room behind the eatery on Monday.

According to Marco Siguenza, owner of Jack's Bar and Steakhouse in New Haven, the staff has been left devastated by the two deaths.   

'We're sad, confused and a whole bunch of emotions we can't explain,' he said to WTNH

According to Marco Siguenza, owner of Jack's Bar and Steakhouse in New Haven, the staff has been left devastated by the two deaths

According to Marco Siguenza, owner of Jack's Bar and Steakhouse in New Haven, the staff has been left devastated by the two deaths

Two men found dead of apparent drug overdoses behind restaurant
Loaded: 0%
Progress: 0%
0:00
Previous
Play
Skip
Mute
Current Time0:00
/
Duration Time1:01
Fullscreen
Need Text
'We're sad, confused and a whole bunch of emotions we can't explain,' he said

'We're sad, confused and a whole bunch of emotions we can't explain,' he said

The pair were discovered by a building manager and a waiter who were getting ready for the lunch rush. Siguenza suspects that the duo snuck into the storage area during after hours.  

'One of [them] was two days working here, basically still training,' he added. 'One was an ex-employee. He hasn't worked here in about a year.'

Police also said that an unidentified third man was found in distress outside of the supply closet. It is believed that he was suffering from a drug overdose. 

That man, who Siguenza said had been an employee for over two years, has been hospitalized and is expected to survive.


The pair were discovered by a building manager and a waiter who were getting ready for the lunch rush. Siguenza suspects that the duo snuck into the storage area during after hours

The pair were discovered by a building manager and a waiter who were getting ready for the lunch rush. Siguenza suspects that the duo snuck into the storage area during after hours

Staff at the eatery are completely shaken up by the ordeal and are hoping to get a better understanding as to what happened. 

'We're sorry for the families of these people, we feel the pain they're probably going through,' Siguenza said. 'I want everyone to know that this has nothing to do with the business itself.' 

Siguenza added that the restaurant - which reopened on Monday - is willing to help police any way that they can. 

According to Assistant Chief Karl Jacobson, authorities do not suspect foul play but they are looking to determine whether a batch of bad drugs were at fault.  

'We would say to people thinking about using drugs in the area to use extreme caution until we figure out what this is,' Jacobson declared. 

The incident is still under investigation. 

Police also said that an unidentified third man was found in distress outside of the supply closet. It is believed that he was suffering from a drug overdose

Police also said that an unidentified third man was found in distress outside of the supply closet. It is believed that he was suffering from a drug overdose

No comments